Re: VIM Colors

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>Error detected while processing /home/Siebenschlaefer/.vimrc:
>line    8:
>Not an editor command: colorscheme elflord
>
>Ooops.
>
>Gerrit

well, this is not a typo ... it works fine for me (i was going to say
YMMV, but see vim 6.0 help for "colorscheme" -- type ":h colorscheme" in
the command mode). if this is still a problem for you, delete that line.
this command makes syntax coloring prettier (more visible than default
colors). also, make sure you *do* have
/usr/share/vim/vim60/colors/elfload.vim ... oh well, it might not come
with your vim, but it does come with the one i installed from cygwin's
distribution. anyhow, i hope this small frustration you're having here
doesn't give a reason to prefer emacs over vi ...

liulk