Re: offering a patch- was [Setup feature query/suggestion!]

Craig-

Sounds like a neat feature. Do you plan to submit a
patch to add this functionality?

Rest of the list-

Is this something that would be appropriate for
setup.exe to do, or should it be a separate package?
Should it be a gui, or a command line thing? I'm sure
I could write a bash script or makefile to do this.
Are there those on the list who would help me out by
providing suggestions on the logic that I should use?

I can envision a command like-

apt-get clean /cygdrive/c/cygwin

And the script would look in /cygdrive/c/cygwin
for a "latest" and "contrib" directory, and then
go through each package and rm the old ones. But
rather than compare modification times or version
numbers in the filenames, is there a sure way to
make sure we are only removing the packages that are
older than what is installed- maybe parsing through
cygcheck output?

-Peter

C wrote:

> Dont know if this is the right place to send too...;)
>
> I have been using cygwin for quite a while now.....and update things quite
> regularly.....I have a vast amount of compressed packages in my /pkg
> directory.....
>
> I am not really fussed about keeping them....and only really in a lots of
> cases want to keep the current installed package.....and so....a method of
> removing all but the installed packages.....or all installed would be
> great....and definitely save time or disk space.....dont know if this can be
> done.....or is done....or if this is the forum to suggest this to.....
>
> for those familiar with debian...
> apt-get autoclean
> apt-get clean
>
> is the functionality that i am after.......
>
> Thanks for reading
> CraigT
>
> --

Your mouse has moved.