apache-1.3.x strange behaviour on keep-alives

Hi,

I need some help from the Cygwin core developers on our Apache for
Cygwin port. Apache for Cygwin runs very stable and secure on Cygwin
1.1.8-2, 1.3.3-2 on WinNT4, Win2000, WinXP.

Two issues are currently open:

  * starting apache's httpd as a NT service via cygrunsrv. Corinna,
any advice here why this does not work? What major changes have been
needed to sshd to make this possible? Can I addopt them to httpd?

  * Apache's httpd childs serve HTTP requests, but under some strage
constelation the keep-alive connections stay active, even while the
client is away. So I don't consider this an Apache problem, but a
Cygwin problem on sockets. See
http://apache.dev.wapme.net/server-status for a snapshot of a running
1.3.21-dev version with this still open keep-alives.

Thanks in advance.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG