cygwinipc on windows 2000

Hello,
    I'm trying to install the cygwinipc package as a service on windows 2000
specifically win2k sp2, cygwin 1.3.2, and cygipc-1.10. The package
installation went fine, the --install-as-service produced no errors and it
does show up in administrative tools/services. When I try to start it i get
an error:
"could not start the cygwin Ipc service daemon on local computer. The
service did not return an error. This could be an internal windows error or
an internal service error"
    Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dave.