using ps -W and kill -f to kill windows process????

Can someone point me in the right direction- I am getting a
"bad signal spec 'f'" when I try to use "kill -f [pid]". I have
searched the archives/faq/docs and looked through the cygwin kill
source, with no luck. Can someone tell me which package I should
look at to find this error message? It would be nice if someone
could tell me where to go before I go through my
"latest" directory and bunzip and untar each package's source, then use
"grep -r" (which I am not sure works) to find this error message
in the source.

This is what I have found so far, and some specifics about the error
I am getting.

This is about cygwin version 1.1.5-

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2000/msg00086.html

"- An additional option to "ps": '-W' lists all Windows pids as well as
Cygwin
  pids.  ps also lists complete information, including cygwin and
windows pids, by
  default.
- An additional option to "kill", '-f' which will force the termination
of any
  Windows or Cygwin process."

This is the latest I have seen-

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 09:41:07PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I think you probably mean 'kill -f'.
>
>Hmm. That seems to be broken currently. This should be fixed in the next snapshot.

"kill -f" isn't working for me, but I am led to believe that cgf fixed
it
long ago.

/cygdrive/z $ kill -f 248
bash: kill: bad signal spec `f'

I can list windows processes with "ps -W", but I can't kill
them with kill. I tried the following:

     248       0       0        248    ?    0 10:27:44
C:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE

/cygdrive/z $ kill 248
bash: kill: (248) - No such pid

/cygdrive/z $ kill -KILL 248