Re: perl/dbi Can't create TCP/IP socket

Hi,

> I get a successful connect with your test cases, even running under
> Apache.
>
> Instead of using two different test cases, why not use the same one?
>
> $ chmod a+x sqltest.cgi
> $ ./sqltest.cgi
> (do not use perl sqltest.cgi as that will be different than the
> command apache runs)

I know what the problem may be.

Dale is running Win9x and it is known (at least reported to me some
time ago) that Apache for Cygwin behaves in some cases strange to
CGIs.

That would explain why Michael has no problems. He's probably running
WinNT4 or Win200?!

I may dig for the proposed patch that has been send to me regarding
this issue. Unfortunatly it did not make it into the port sources,
because I had no Win9x to test against.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG