RE: WTF?!

> Cristopher, why dont just you stop reading those posts which actually
> dont tend to be good enough for you ? I think if point 1 applies to
> you then you are not being paid to read the mailing lists too
> - are you
> ?
> So "silly" mails are easily to be recognized - you can just pass them
> by.

Chris, you are obviously a _very_ intelligent programmer/person in general
(I have been reading the list for several weeks now).  No one would complain
if you restricted yourself to only answering questions that require your
knowledge, either as a developer of Cygwin or as a list maintainer.  This is
a public list with lots of other readers who are not anywhere near your
level of knowledge of this project, but who are intelligent enough to field
questions that have obvious (to you, but not to everybody) answers.

If I ask a question of a list, I expect to get an answer or not.  If not, I
assume no one has information for me and I'll look elsewhere.  I would only
expect to be badgered for asking a question if I repeatedly sent the same
thing over and over, i.e. if I *insisted* on having an answer from the list.
Caustic put-downs are an excellent way to drive people away from using
Cygwin at all, more than a few of whom could make a positive contribution,
if not to the actual code base, then to answering the questions of new users
that would otherwise suck all your time away from the important work you do.
I do appreciate your frustration with people who can't open the readme files
and figure out their own problems, and who are only in search of a quick
fix, but there are going to be some (Windows) users (of Visual SourceSafe)
who don't even know what a CVS is, let alone how to use it.

I appreciate the work that Chris and all the other developer's do on this
list and on Cygwin.  This list is a great resource and I think that someone
who needs to have a question answered and doesn't have the option of
spending hours or days tracking down the source of a problem should be able
to post in search of someone who's already solved their problem without
being flamed out the door.

Just my $.02 worth.  I'm sure I'll hear about it.

-Dan