Re: Invoking SQL*Plus from within cygwin

In a message dated Tue, 18 Sep 2001  5:45:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Alec Clews <alecclews@yahoo.com> writes:

> G'Day,
>
> This works for me (I'm using W2K). Provding Oracle is installed OK it
> _should_ pick up Oracle_Home from the registry. Just make sure you have
> the correct path set up (do you have multiple Oracle Homes?).

I have the following environment variables set in bash within my .profile:

ORACLE_HOME=/cygdrive/k/oracle
ORACLE_SID=fprd
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH

I have set $ORACLE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH up as NT environment variables using /cygdrvie/k/oracle.

When I look at the registry, though, I see ORACLE_HOME referred to as K:\ORACLE (no cygdrive/x)

The K: drive is a mapped drive from the server were the database resides.  I do not have Oracle installed on my client per se.

Any ideas?

> Can you run sqlplus from the NT command prompt (cmd.exe)? If the answer
> is yes then look at any path differences and other environment differences.

Yes I can run sqlplus from the dos cmd line.

> Do you get any error mesages from sqlplus when you run it?

No messages other than the Dr. Watson box.

> What version of Oracle are you using?

8.1.7.1.4 for NT

Thanks for the help - I really appreciate it....