Re: Binutils and GCC

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 05:23:21PM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>The best suggestion I can offer is the obvious, but I'll state it in case
>it hasn't occurred to someone who would like to help resolve it.  Debugging
>the Cygwin DLL is probably the most informative approach to isolating the
>problem.

Actually, there is no Cygwin DLL debugging involved.

Unless I am missing something, this is a compile time error in
libiberty.  The fix should be extremely obvious.  Since the people
building the tools are all apparently C programmers I am not sure why no
one has proposed a fix yet.

Actually, I've already suggested one solution which seems to have been
ignored.

Instead, people seem to be adopting the typical Microsoft user way of
thinking: "Hmm.  1.3.3 not work.  Me downgrade to 1.3.2...  Now let me
reboot many times...  It work! Problem am solved!"

It is inconceivable (even for this mailing list) that we keep discussing
this and none of the affected parties have bothered to look at what's
failing.  People have apparently been stalled for days because of a
simple C compilation error!  Wow.

cgf