dr. watson access violation with setup.exe 2.78.2.9

I didn't see anything in the archives when I searched
via google with "setup.exe violation" "mingw setup"
"mingw violation" etc.

I am on NT4 SP6 and I just downloaded setup.exe 2.78.2.9
from cygwin.com. I downloaded all the files and then
I tried to install from local directory, for "all users/unix".
Whoops, I had a bash window open, so I had to cancel setup
and close the window and try again.

I got this error when it tries to install the mingw 20010917-1 package-

An application error has occurred, and an application error log is being
generated.
setup.exe
Exception: access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x77f6ce4c

So the solution was to "skip" mingw, install all the other packages,
then uninstall mingw, then install mingw.

I don't have a problem, I just thought it might be interesting for
anyone else who was as silly as me and left bash running while updating
cygwin.

-Peter