Re: DirectX Frustrations

> Oddly, when I compile using visual C rather than GCC, there are no warnings.
> (I normaly treat warnings as errors) The warnings that GCC are displaying
> are curious -- they seem like things that VisualC should have picked up.
> This will all be fixed probably within the next few days.

It is very worthwhile to compile code with multiple compilers for this specific
reason.  Especially with C++, where no one quite conforms to the ISO standard,
compiling with multiple compilers will pick up an error in one compiler that
another compiler passes.

If you write some wrong code but your compiler says it's OK, chances are pretty
good that's it's not doing what you really desire.

Unfortunately, programming to multiple compilers also means you have to avoid
what breaks all of the compilers.  Visual C++ just drives me around the bend, I
write all kinds of stuff that I'm sure is legit in G++ and Metrowerks
CodeWarrior but Visual C++ won't accept it.

I'm just about to try again to get ZooLib to build under CygWin
(http://zoolib.sourceforge.net).

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford