Re: make stackdumps

Christopher,

I haven't seen the entire discussion on the stackdumps occurring in
recursive makes but wanted to share a piece of information with those
interested in the topic.  I've been encountering the problem for months and
have been using the same solution as apparently a lot of others, running
the target twice.  Like others, I am seeing the problem in rlogin or rsh
sessions as opposed to bash shells opened directly on the machines.

For speed, I recently added a dual Pentium-4 system (Dell Workstation 530)
to my collection of build servers.  Builds on this new system generate one
or two errors per week whereas I get one to two dozen errors per build on
my Pentium-3 systems.

This leads me to wonder if the issues is related to system speed, timing,
or maybe the network hardware/driver of the machines.  Hope this helps.

         Hayden Ridenour