Running tcsh in rxvt

What's the best way to do this?
If you do rxvt -e tcsh (say from a shortcut).
The user's dotfile is not parsed (seemingly because home etc. don't get
correctly set from passwd), plus tab completion and history don't work.

I've got:
	bash --login -i -c "/bin/rxvt -e tcsh" &

But it seems like there really ought to be a way to avoid the seemingly
unnecessary invocation of bash and having it hanging around afterwards...

Of course:
	rxvt -e bash --login -i #from the rxvt documentation
doesn't work properly when invoking from outside of the cygwin environment
either; i.e. not from an exiisting bash --login -i session.

--
H4sICNoBwDoAA3NpZwA9jbsNwDAIRHumuC4NklvXTOD0KSJEnwU8fHz4Q8M9i3sGzkS7BBrm
OkCTwsycb4S3DloZuMIYeXpLFqw5LaMhXC2ymhreVXNWMw9YGuAYdfmAbwomoPSyFJuFn2x8