Re: 1.3.2 rmdir fails if CWD is in the directory to be deleted?

Rick,

You should try it. On many Unix systems it will work just fine. After the
rmdir call, no call that uses a relative file name will work, however,
since the directory must have been empty to be removed and in doing so the
.. link would have been removed.

This applies to "classic" implementations on the Unix file system. Chris
has pointed out that IRIX does not behave this way. Since those details are
not part of the API specifications, the implementers get to do what they
please. That's what it's all about when it comes to writing specifications
(saying everything you mean and are willing to commit to and nothing you
are not).

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA