Re: VIRUS ALERT - a trojan horse was spread through this list

Ronald Landheer writes:

> Very well:
>
> find it here: http://www.antivirus.com (the Trend Micro site)
> look for SIRCAM in the search box.
>
> As for trusting tools sent by E-mail: you're right that it's generally not a good idea.
> (That doesn't mean the file I attached is not trustworthy, though).

You are in danger of upsetting a number of people on this mailing list.
The general rule is *never* respond to apparent virus or spam mailings - this
only multiplies the junk we all have to plough through.

(Sorry, I know I'm doing just that right now :-)).

And, in this particular case, if you had bothered to look at the
body of the alleged SIRCAM virus you were warning us about, you would
have spotted that the originator's email system had already stripped
out the virus - so it couldn't possibly have infected anyone.

-- Cliff