Re: 'can not find install-sh' when running configure

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 10:20:30PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Alec Clews wrote:
>
>>I have downloaded the make source and I'm trying to build it. When I
>>run the ./configure script I get the message 'can not find install-sh'.
>>Do I need to install something else?
>>

>that reminds me -- I meant to mention this the other day when I built
>make.  A few of the autotools files are missing from make's -src package
>on sourceware.  Until the maintainer fixes & makes a new release, just copy:
>
> install-sh
> config.sub
> config.guess
>
>from /usr/share/automake/ (assuming you have the automake package
>installed).

The make sources that I distribute are meant to be dropped into a
standard "cygnus tree".  That's the way I build it.  That means that
these tools are in the top level of my build tree.

So, if you don't want to build things that way, Chuck's method is the
way to go.

cgf