RE: Whither a2ps.exe?

Confirmed.  Posting a message to close out this thread, per
Jason's request.

I did successfully build a2ps-4.13b.tar.gz OOTB with cygwin 1.3.2-1,
latest gcc, etc. using the same steps Jason mentioned.  It appeared
that the FTP site was up yesterday when I tried, it appears to be
down now again.  Kinda flaky as Jason said.

A quick search on lycos.com's Advanced FTP search for a2ps-4.13b.tar.gz
(which is the latest version mentioned on the official a2ps web site)
produced quite a few hits.  So there are mirrors out there.

Jason and I discussed offline... that the last time I had built
a2ps was with cygwin-1.1.4-1 and had to make a couple of minor
hacks to the a2ps sources because:
(1) contrib/fixnt.l was attempting to use GetTempPath(), and
    that wasn't in the winsup.h back then (I went back and checked).
(2) lib/userdata.c was having trouble figuring out who I was,
    so was displaying "Unknown User" instead of my username.
    Not sure if I had an incorrect /etc/passwd back then or if
    HAVE_STRUCT_PASSWD_PW_GECOS just wasn't getting set
    by ./configure?  Perhaps cygwin didn't support passwd->pw_gecos
    back in 1.1.4-1?  Anyway I just fell back to "login" instead
    of "name" which was equivalent to getenv("USERNAME").

But it all works OOTB now.  No more source code hacks required.

Looking forward to Jason's release of a contributed version
of a2ps once the package moratorium is lifted.  But in the
meantime it's easier than ever to build a2ps from sources.

Thanks, Troy