RE: question on installations

I don't know if the developers would
recommend this, but it may be possible
to have the cygwin installation on a
network share, and place it in each user's
path. Then each user would need the proper
environment variables set, specifically
path would have to point to //share/cygwin/bin.

You may also need a CYGWIN variable set for
each user.

You can set these variables on each machine,
(they are NT, right?) or use a login script.

I don't know what effects this would have on
things like the cygdrive mounts.

We use cygwin under clearcase, and when a
developer starts a view, they run a script
that sets a slew of environment variables.
Then they can use the "make.exe" and other
simple unix commands from NT.

This isn't the same as having it installed
on a network share, so YMMV.

Keep in mind that this may not be an intended
goal of cygwin (I can't speak for the developers),
so you might get zero help
from the developers, and your topic might get
"moderated" off the list.

HTH,
Peter