Re: Problems with path resolution

At 02:29 AM 8/25/2001, nasser abbasi wrote:

<snip>

>But since this only affect file with 'x' bit set on them, and I know allready there is
>a problem with setting 'x' on files (it does not work), I guess this is

<snip>

OK, what doesn't work about it?  If you're going to make bold statements
like this, you need to back it up with something.  Also, in considering
whether or not to make statements like this, it is a good idea to check
existing documentation at www.cygwin.com.  In your case, you seem to be
referring to an issue you're having with using chmod.  If that's the case,
you should be very enlightened by the following FAQ entry:

Why doesn't chmod work?
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC37

I'm curious why you would make such a bold statement about setting
the execution bit after you got the response you did from your original
posting entitled "chmod +x does not work. cygwin 1.3.2, win2k."  Among
other responses, David Starks-Browning pointed you directly to the FAQ
entry I referenced above.  Did you not read it?  If you did, I'm even
more perplexed by your comment above.  If you didn't, why do you spread
misinformation?