Perl problem still..

This was discussed many moons ago from the old perl version and I was
hoping to see a fix in the new release.

If I go to a text mounted directory and execute

perl -p -i -e ';' textfile.txt

Then every line in the textfile receives an extra '\r'.  So, this being
a dos text file, it gets two '\r's on every line.

It appears that the file is being read in binary mode, and written in
text mode.

Karl Zilles