Re: Colors mess up terminal

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:58:15 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 05:52:14PM -0400, Marc Fortier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>    I'm also using pine via cygwin/ssh and am getting strange display
>> behaviour when colours are used.  Is there a solution to this problem?
>> In the meantime, I'll try to come up with a script that detects
>> whether the term type is cygwin and run pine with no colour in that
>> case.
>
> I'm running `mutt' in a console window using TERM=cygwin and have no
> problems with it.  Also `ls --color' works fine.  What exactly means
> "strange display behaviour"?  Are you actually working in a console
> window?
>
> Corinna

Hello,

   I'll try to explain better.

   I'm running W2K with all the latest cygwin stuff, including
openssh2.9p2.  I ssh from cygwin to a linux box.  echo $TERM replies
cygwin.  If I run pine without specifying to turn off colours, extra line
feeds are added at the bottom of the screen, whether I'm in the menu,
message index, or reading messages.  In the index, this means I have to
guess what message the cursor is over before I can open it.  Also, some
lines don't get updated properly a the top and bottom of the screen.

   If I run pine with -color-style=no-colors, all is well.  But it would
be nice not to have to turn off colours.

		Marc
--
Marc Fortier, School of Information Technology & Engineering,
U. of Ottawa, P.O. Box 450 Stn A, Ottawa Ontario Canada, K1N 6N5