Colors mess up terminal

> To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> Subject: Colors mess up terminal
> From: Greg Bell <gbell at yahoo dot com>
> Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:57:32 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Hi cygwin gang,
>
> I'm running pine through ssh on cygwin. All TERMs are
> set to cygwin.
>
> When pine's set up to display color, the display
> messes up... lines appear on the wrong part of the
> screen, duplicate, portions of pine's help at the
> bottom get scrambled, etc.
>
> Is this a potential cygwin problem or does it only
> have to do with my terminal?  If I run pine w/ color
> on linux from rxvt, its fine.
>
> I'm running cygwin on an Win2K box, using cmd.exe
> (which reminds me, is there a good replacement for
> cmd.exe?).
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Greg Bell
>
> =====
> Greg Bell (858)860-6400 x7661

Hello,

   I'm also using pine via cygwin/ssh and am getting strange display
behaviour when colours are used.  Is there a solution to this problem?  In
the meantime, I'll try to come up with a script that detects whether the
term type is cygwin and run pine with no colour in that case.

		TIA

		Marc
--
Marc Fortier, School of Information Technology & Engineering,
U. of Ottawa, P.O. Box 450 Stn A, Ottawa Ontario Canada, K1N 6N5