MySQL support

libmysqlclient and the clients build OOTB with recent versions of
Cygwin and MySQL (and yes, you need the source tarball, not the win32
binary). Look at the configure options, you'll have to run something
like:

./configure --without-server

This will build libmysqlclient.a and the statically linked clients.

You can also build a libmysqlclient.dll, but I didn't get round to
build the dynamically linked clients. But other apps using
libmysqlclient work just fine with the DLL.

Would anyone be interested to see this as a Cygwin package? I don't
know whether it is worth the hassle as Cygwin ships PostgreSQL.

regards,
Markus

Nicolas Grehalle writes:
 >  hello,
 >
 >  i have to put a Unix application under Cygnus.
 >  This application uses MySQL (the libmysqlclient.a for example).
 >
 > I want use the win32 version of MySQL, but i need to compile and run the
 >  application without changes in the code ( i don't have the choice) under
 >  Cygnus (and libmysqlclient.a doesn't exist under the win32 version of
 >  MySQL).
 >
 >  Please, somebody could help me ?
 >
 >  Nicolas
 >

 > --

Markus Hoenicka, PhD
UT Houston Medical School
Dept. of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology
6431 Fannin MSB4.114
Houston, TX 77030
(713) 500-6313, -7477
(713) 500-7444 (fax)