Re: sshd_config for Cygwin

> Also, a more general question.  Are there start-up scripts for services
> in Cygwin? I'm not looking for anything Sys V'ish, and I can hack up the
> .bashrc file to start things, but is there a cleaner, perhaps "official"
> way of starting things?

Cygwin piggybacks off of the normal windows "services" startup -- at
least on WinNT/2K (not sure about win9x/Me).  check the readme for
'cygrunsrv' in /usr/doc/Cygwin.  sshd and (I think) postgres daemons use
cygrunsrv.

Also, inetd was ported prior to the creation of cygrunsrc, so it (inetd)
has the capability to install itself into the windows services list
without requiring cygrunsrv's assistance.  (Ditto ipc-daemon, an
off-site external package).  Check /usr/doc/cygwin/inetd...README.

You may need to just use a vbs script in your Startup folder on
Win9x/Me.  Ugly, I know -- but that's 9x for ya.

--Chuck