Telnet/Rlogin Aren't Working

    Problem is that TELNET and RLOGIN don't work on an otherwise operational
WIN95B/Cygwin 1.3.2 config connecting to a Linux host.  The std Windows
TELNET util works just fine.

    My Cygwin config is working well and I've used CDRECORD, MAN, and XFREE
4.1.0 successfully.  I can launch XTERM (on the Linux host) via Win TELNET
and the XFREE server opens a XTERM session as expected.

    Checked the FAQ and mail list archives but no joy.  Invoke TELNET
from the BASH command line (telnet -K 192.168.1.150) and it responds
'192.168.1.150: Not owner Connection closed'  If I try to connect w/o
the -K option, it simply responds that it's trying the host, then
'Connection closed'  RLOGIN (/usr/bin/rlogin 192.168.1.150) flat out hangs
and doesn't even respond to Ctrl-C.  TELNETD on my Linux box reports:
'ttloop:  read:  Connection reset by peer' for each failed TELNET attempt.

    Short of breaking out GDB and debugging this (which isn't an option for
the moment), I don't know how to proceed except to use Win TELNET.

    Suggestions are appreciated.  TIA....Jet

===============  From the desk of Jethro Wright, III  ================
+  It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a  +
+  warning to others.                                                +