GPF from WINOLDAP.DLL using USER.EXE

I have recieved a General Protection Fault from WINOLDAP.DLL using USER.EXE
atleast twice now using cygwin.

In a bash window I am running a Java program, I step away from the computer
and the screen saver/ power saver turns off the monitor. When the monitor
comes back up I get the GPF and my cygwin windows disappear.

Is this a know problem....
What can I do to help debug this further?

Also, is there a way to add scrollbars to my bash console screen ?

(Using Windows 98)

-Thanks
Stephen More