RE: Automake 1.4l released -- show of hands from cygwin/automake maintainers?

Christopher Faylor writes:

>Can we get a show of hands for people who are actually trying to use
>automake as a *maintainer* under cygwin.
>
>I suspect that this is not a big deal and that there is no reason to
>force automake people to waste time on Cygwin's irregularities for
>this release.
>
>If a bunch of people step forward, however, then, obviously I'm wrong.

I am.

But I can live without 'make distcheck'
I can 'make dist' and then manually test it

There is also the SourceForge Linux shell account to use,
and since any project built using Cygwin and needing
'make dist' has to be OpenSourced,  all such Cygwin Projects
also have this resource :-)

So even though I am a project 'maintainer'
I see no reason to 'force' the good automake people
to waste time on this.

Cheers

Norman Vine