Re: create a "real" windows shortcut ??

# > 2. will open /usr/local/bin/backup.bat in wordpad,
# > so the user can edit that file.
# >
# > using ln -s  ..., I can get (1) but not (2) to work.
#
# You can't. What happens on (2)? Does it start notepad?
# You'll have to change the association of the .bat suffix
# to wordpad in Windows.

Or you can add that association, without removing the other
one.  (You can pick between available associations by
right-clicking.  If you just double click, it uses whichever
one is set as default.)  Be aware that editing a batch
file in WordPad requires care when saving.  (Then again,
I think that's true of Notepad also, because of the
extension.  EDIT is really the best text editor that comes
with Windoze OOTB.)

Does this have *anything* to do with cygwin?

-- jonadab