Path oddity

I am using a tool (Novas debussy - it's a chip design debug tool). It
uses a debussy.rc file for initialization of things for the run. In that
file I have a library mapped to a directory . /home/a/b/c/d .

I am using Windows XP, RC2 (although, the problem I am getting ready to
describe happened the same way in Windows 98). I am using the latest
cygwin - DLL version 1.3.2. On my system, /home is a windows directory
that is system mounted to /home in cygwin.

So, here is the issue. When I run the tool, rather than create the
library at /home/a/b/c/d, it creates a path at my present
directory/home/a/b/c/d. If I change the rcfile to map to
C:/home/a/b/c/d, then everything is fine.

At first I thought this was the vendor's bug (there tool has been known
to have quite a few bugs). However, when I run the thing directly from a
command prompt rather than cygwin, it works correctly in both variants.

So, what on earth do you think could be happening? It could be a vendor
bug, but I don't know that for sure and would have a hard time
convincing them as the bug only appears when the tool is run from
cygwin.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Gary