[Fwd: Re: Setup problems - windows 98]

> > home not being set is not good- it sounds as though the .profile wasn't
> > getting run. You should be able to run it manually by typing
> > . .profile (from the directory the profile resides in)

Okay, now I'm finally getting somewhere. I managed to run the profile and it
works!- it
isn't changing the username as requested:
although I have this line in
USER="MairAllenWilliams"
the bash is still coming up with:
Mrs E Allen-Willaims@BIZZYLIZZY C:/Mair
The FAQ or somewhere said the spaces in the name might cause problems. Don't
know...
Anyway calling gcc, etc now works! Yippee!
Thankyou people (O:
Oh but one more thing - it still isn't automatically running the .profile
when I open bash. I have to do it every time...looking at google again it
came up with very few hits but something about a -login? I tried
"bash -login" from an MS-Dos prompt but came up with the same shell I get by
double clicking...any ideas please?

Cheers
 Mair