Re: Setup problems - windows 98

>OK, now that we both have a better understanding of the context of
>each other's posts, you're right that your problem is path based (based
>on your report).  Did you check the output of mount?  Is "/" mounted to
>you installation directory?  I'm guessing its not.  Setup should do this
>for you but maybe it didn't for some reason.  You need to do the
>following:

  >   mount -f -b C:/mair/cygwin /
 >    mount -f -b C:/mair/cygwin/bin /usr/bin
  >   mount -f -b C:/mair/cygwin/lib /usr/lib

It did seem to be right, but I've done that. It still isn't working. Maybe
I'm doing something really dumb somewhre....

>If that's not the problem or if some other issue arises after that, please
>send the output of cygcheck -s -r -v, or, in your case, perhaps the output
>of C:/mair/cygwin/bin/cygcheck -s -r -v. ;-)

That's a lot of output and there's no scroll thing on my bash screen. I
tried the |more thing but the | won't print - nor with Alt + 1024. and it
doesn't work. Is there a command to stop it from giving me more than a
screen's worth of info at once?

and looking through the FAQ with google, I've suddenly got a whole lot of
cannot find servers - temporary problem, I presume.