Re: inetd on a Win95 machine

At 04:47 PM 7/24/2001, EXT-Reuter, Chris H wrote:
>I'm trying to set a telnet session up from another platform to a win95 machine.  I get inetd to start and telnet in to the win95 platform. The telnetd -D report info looks good up until the point where it gives the error: "no such file: /bin/login". My paths in bash all look link /cygdrive/c/.....
>
>I started out on my WinNT machine, where all my paths look like unix paths from within bash, and I can telnet into my  NT machine (but I don't have the right answers for the login prompt)
>
>Also, what do I need to supply setup.exe?  When I install from a local directory, it never finds anything to install?  I've been unziping downloads by hand. Do my problems originate here?

Are you using the latest setup.exe?  Your problems are due to the fact that
you're unzipping by hand.  You won't have everything you need to have setup
(pun intended :-) ) if you don't run setup.exe.  In the case of the paths
you mention, the mount points for "/", "bin", and "lib" haven't been
created.  Mind you, you can manually do all the things that setup would do
for you and get a working installation but its going to be easier in the
long run if you just blow away what you have and let setup.exe do it all
for you.

Larry