Re: CYGWIN: User's Guide as One-File

In light of the fact that I am not volunteering to change setup.exe
to do this (although I think it is a neat idea) let me suggest some
flags for wget, that basically allow you to do this already (without the
adding a "web_docs" package to setup.exe).

-N --timestamping "don't retrieve files if older than local"
-k --convert-links "convert non-relative links to relative"
-r --recursive "recursive web-suck -- use with care!"

This would allow you to "once a week" download all the documentation
(if it is newer than what you have locally) and convert the links so
it isn't trying to access the web (and is easily transferrable to
another
machine). Then you can just bookmark c:/cygwin/web_docs/index.html
and add a shortcut to your desktop or start menu.

This has the added benefit of not running setup.exe weekly- i.e. not
updating your whole cygwin net distro weekly. So you end up downloading
less stuff by just using wget.

HTH,
Peter