RE: Buffered IO curiosity effects non-CYGWIN programs.

Are you certain this is not a feature of the terminal system in Cygwin?
It would be my bet that it does buffering by default and cmd.exe (though it
is undoubtably designed and written so well, ahem!) does not.

Glen Coakley, Sr. Software Engineer
MQSoftware Inc., (763) 543-4845
"Tinkero ergo sum." -- Chuck Murcko