RE: VIM Syntax Colors

I use Vim on a variety of different machines and on a few different
platforms. I found the colours in cygwin to be a bit too dark. Instead of
figuring out how to remap the colours in the .vimrc I put this in instead:

set background=dark
syntax on

Even if you have previously set the syntax to be on, or if not, you must
do it after the background setting. This will force vim to set the colours
that are better suited for dark backgrounds and not force vim to have a
dark background. Now the colours look pretty much identical in DOS and
cygwin.

Hope that helps.

~Lee