Re: Linking to cygwin1.dll and msvcrt.dll ?

> > I am not in a position to judge "creeping feature'ism". It is
> > just that these 4 *ex methods are documented and are even
> > suggested in the Microsoft documentation. If this memory
> > leak is not a problem in Cygwin, then these functions
> > should be really easy to implement since they would just
> > call the Win32 APIs.
>
> They are suggested to work around MS's inability to write high-quality
code.
> The calls would be easy to implement yes, but there is no point in putting
> them in *cygwin*.
>
> Rob

I agree with Mo.  What is the harm in adding "minor" functions which in the
end will help programmers, port and maintain programs more easily. Is that
not the purpose of Cygwin. Anything that reduces the addition of #ifdef
__CYGWIN__ would be a "smart" move in my humble opinion.

Trevor