Re: broken CTRL-BREAK handling

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 10:32:35AM -0600, Troy Noble wrote:
>Bottom line... that still feels broken to me if the intent is for
>cygwin (more specifically, the bash shell running with cygwin) to
>be able to launch/stop native win32 apps with the same semantics one
>has come to expect when running cmd shell.
>If that's not the goal, then it's a non-issue.

I don't think that that has ever been a stated goal for cygwin.

What would a program, ported from UNIX expect in this situation?  With
your patch, I believe that it would just unceremoniously terminate with
no way to handle cleanup other than to add windows-specific code for
dealing with ctrl-break.

cgf