RE: building gcc/g++ seems OK but building g77 seems to be seriously broken

Thanks Mumit,

Oh OK,  The configure command I used was:

$
../Source/gcc-3.0/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.0 --enable-threads --d
isable-win32-registry --enable-sjlj-exceptions --with-included-gettext --ena
ble-languages='c++,f77'

What is the "-lm", and is there anything I can do about it?  I would like to
test this, so I can verify whether or not g77 is working correctly.  I want
to experiment with mixed language programming using fortran and C++ (because
most of my development is based primarily in C++, but there is an incredible
wealth of number crunching libraries available in fortran).  However, if I
encounter a problem, I do not want to have to worry that something I did
when building g77 might have broken it in a way that precludes what I am
attempting from working correctly.

Thanks again,

Ted