Newbie question about adding modules to cygwin perl

Hi,

I've looked through the FAQ, user guide, and mailing lists but don't see an
answer. I have used the cygwin tools since b18. I've never had to add a
module to the cygwin perl distribution (I got the binary version not the
source).  I'm currently on cygwin 1.3.2.

My question is: can one add other perl modules to cygwin perl (e.g. modules
from the CPAN site - especially database and win32 modules)?  If so does one
have to get the source for the module and build it using the cygwin tools
(e.g. gcc, make ) - or are their binary versions around that would work with
cygwin perl?

For instance we are using an sql server database and on CPAN there are perl
modules called MSSQL::DBLib and MSSQL::Sqllib for working with Microsoft sql
server databases. They have ready made binary releases that work with
ActiveState Perl, but of course nothing built against cygwin perl. I like
the cygwin perl (for its fork() and exec() capabilities among other reasons)
and would like to stay using cygwin's perl - but only if it's easy to add
other modules. I'm a bit leary of trying to build these modules under the
cygwin environment myself.

Thanks,
Eric