Re: Fwd: Re: CRON and time

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 01:52:10PM +0200, Michael Schaap wrote:
> At 13:41 10-7-2001, you wrote:
> >No, I don't think it's worth to add that to the cron README. It's
> >a problem which always lurks for a chance to mess things up.
>
> What I meant is, this behaviour is very different from cron on UNIX, where
> cron sets PATH by default to /usr/bin:/bin.
> But I just checked, and guess what - you already mention it.  :-)

I do? ....  aahh, you just meant the part about $PATH. Ok, that's
a must.

BTW, the same problem appears for sshd, rshd, login, etc. In all
these cases the environment must be preserved when running
under Cygwin. So, if anybody tries to port some daemon process,
be aware of that environment propagation problem under Cygwin.

Ok, now it's in the mailing list archive. When I mess up the next
daemon that way, just send me the link to this mail.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.