RE: Cygwin 2.1 and Python modules

-----Original Message-----
From:	Jason Tishler [SMTP:Jason.Tishler@dothill.com]
Sent:	Thursday, July 05, 2001 11:33 AM
To:	David Abrahams
Cc:	Cygwin
Subject:	Re: Cygwin 2.1 and Python modules

Dave,

It takes advantage of somewhat recent Cygwin gcc enhancements:

    1. binding to msvcrt.dll instead of crtdll.dll
    2. ability to link directly to a DLL (instead of requiring an import
       library)

I recently printed the section of the Cygwin User's Guide, and it appears
to show only the import-library method of linking to a DLL (if I understand
what I'm seeing).  I suppose it's important to keep it there since some
users may freeze their Cygwin installations for periods of time, but it
would be nice to have an example of the new way in the document as well.