Re: Need a ghostscript maintainer.

I would very much like ghostscript "gs" available on the cygwin/X
command line.

I have installed it on Solaris and need it for research with Cygwin.

Efforts to compile it with gcc stumble on a vfork "temporary"
problem that, researched a bit, relate to resource problems that I
have not gotten around yet.  There were also unresolved X symbols.

Ghostscript is extremely handy with Generic Mapping Tool which
successfully compiled OOTB.  GMT is a fantastic mapping program
as well as a general purpose plotting program and ideally suited
for unix and piping.

I don't think I would want maintenance responsibility; but I will
continue to try to get it working and if successfull will post to the
list.

Last I used xv, it relied on gs, as do other programs.  gs is handy
for converting postscript to tiff, jpeg, etc. for import into Word or
Powerpoint, and the quad combination gs, GMT, W & PP are the
main reason I went after this dual OS platform.  Well, scripting
and vi were other  main reasons.

In a pinch, I use the Windows binary version.

"The old one is too busy currently."
Ron Cook
cowaro.com