Local Setup Cache

Currently, setup.exe downloads package files from whatever mirror site a
user selects and then installs the packages.  As new versions are produced,
they get downloaded and installed to replace the old version, but the
archive files for the old version are not removed.  Eventually this may fill
significant amounts of disk space with obsolete files.

I see two likely ways for handling this problem:

1.  Provide a program that removes files from the cache if they are not
listed in setup.ini.  The problem with this is that inexperienced users are
unlikely to run the cleanup program often enough for it to do any good.

2.  Modify setup.exe so it will remove obsolete files.  The problem with
this is that it adds yet another feature to setup.exe.

Does anyone see any other possibilities?
--
Mac :})