RE: Rxvt vs. command.com as standard cygwin window

# Thanks for the tips on running rxvt.  The fonts are still a problem for me.
# The font I get with your command line still confuses 1 and l.  The courier
# font used by Pierre's command line does give a different display font, but I
# don't seem to be able to control it's size very well.

Get Andale Mono.  This is available free from Microsoft Typography and
is far and away the best fixedwidth TrueType font I have seen to date.
No Windows system is complete without it, IMO.  For that matter, no
system that uses TrueType fonts is complete without it.

-- jonadab