Re: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

Brian Keener wrote:
> I am probably going to jump into this now without intending to but this really
> does not answer his question - sorry Chris and I am not aiming this at you

Chris et al,

I did jump into this with both feet and possibly with my eyes a little closed.
While I do feel some of my comments were truthful, I also realize that my
frustration from time to time in wanting to help and learn and not having (to
some degree) any clue what I was really doing lended to my own personal
aggravation trying to get things to work properly for me.  Part of the problem is
none of us know the level of ability we are dealing with at the other end of this
list and sometimes that person needs that little extra nudge in the right
direction - but then none of us know that do we until they come back the second
or third time and then depending on where their at they're really frustrated.

At any rate, as one of the first to comment in this thread and to point out that
I didn't feel it answered John's question I apologize to all for (in my opinion)
starting this attack thread.  I didn't feel that particular answer (depending on
the persons level) was appropriate and I had been to the web pages to try to work
out some of my problems with starting from scratch, knowing nothing, and trying
to work with cygwin and cvs and maybe I'm thick but they just didn't help. But
then as Chris pointed out - if it needs work - if it needs improvement - change
it.  Good point - I can't argue.

I made my comments entirely to broad by drawing in some of my own problems (which
again as Chris pointed out - I was the only one having and he is right) and then
proceeded to mystify the whole thing giving John and uneasy feeling and he has
experience.

So in closing - To Chris and all - I do apologize for throwing my opinion in
there and do really want to thank everyone for their help.  I have learned a more
than I could imagine from everything I have done with cygwin and the setup mods
and from everyones help and while there is always room for improvement in all of
us and everything we do - this is a fine project and a fine community.

I'm reeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy ssssoooorrrrrrrryyyyy I said anything Chris.