Re: mmap not share

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:48:59PM +0200, Dirk Freyer wrote:
>Under Linux this file works fine. Two tasks increments one counter :-)
>With Windows 98 i have the problem that the two tasks increments two counters :-(
>
>Why ???

The underlying Windows mechanisms that Cygwin uses to emulate mmap are seriously
flawed on Windows 9x.  So, it is possible that it isn't possible to do what
you need done.  Or, it is possible that we missed something and that this is
an implementation bug.

I don't know which this is and the person responsible for this code is on vacation
(Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com>) so it will be a while before any answer
is available unless someone else wants to look at the code.

The code in question is in mmap.cc.

cgf