Re: Small Patch for setup.exe

At 6/24/01 03:27 AM (Sunday), Tak Ota wrote:
>Thanks Robert,
>
>But I am still empty-handed.
>
>On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:11:58 +1000, "Robert Collins"
><robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > Where do I find the source of setup.exe?
> > >
> > > -Tak
> > >

> > See the contributing link on the cygwin home page,
>
>I wish you could have noted the URL.  I have been searching without
>a success yet.
>
> > or look in the mailing list archives - this question was last asked
> > about 4 days ago!
>
>I wish again that this mailing list prepends a serial number to each
>posted message subject so that people can refer to a message without a
>confusion,

Of course, that would break any "threading" your mail-client tried to
do.  Most of us might find that even more confusing.

This is OT, I know, but the Archival system /does/ assign a "msg####"
tag.  I suspect that this takes place /after/ the message has already been
distributed; but, If the mailman could be smart about capturing it, the
correct headers IMNSHO are:

OBTW: Speaking of mail headers; everyone should make sure when they reply
that the list is among the addressees.  I've been bit several times lately
-- I wind up in a private conversation when the public forum could be much
more profitable.

>and you could have led me directly to that message.

Most of us only vaguely recall that there was such a message - we don't
know the number until we actually do the search ourselves that you could be
doing!

>-Tak
>
>--

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around nice guy.
Get my PGP key at
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit>
Fingerprint=0x{6E3E_DB8C_2E8C_4248_62B2_FE29_08EE_CF0A_3629_E954}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]