Question about how to trap the start and shutdown of the PC system.

Hi,
My name is Prasad Kopanati. I am graduate student at Northern Illinois
University, Dekalb, Ili-60115. I am a Masters student. I learnt about you
from one of my friend and also through the website. He told me that you
could be able to solve the problem which I have been struggling for altealst
15 days.

I am presently working on a project as a part of a course which involves use
of Intel assembly. I am trying to figure out how I trap a start and shutdown
of computer ( I mean what happens at the DOS level, which interrupts are
invoked). I am assuming that I am working in absolute DOS environment
without any support from Windows support ( ie no Autoexec.bat, no config.sys
etc). I should write a assembly code which traps/detects that the PC has
started/shutdown.

I hope you understood what I mean. Please let me know if you want further
clarification of the question.

I feel you are the only hope for me to solve this problem. Thank you very
much in advance.

Sincerely,
Prasad kopanati.