Re: Editor to use with ssh'ing into NT server?

# I have set TERM to just about everything I can think of
#
# vt100
# ansi
# cygwin

Try setting it to linux

I don't know why this works (or whether it will work
in your case), but I was able to get some things through
ssh (shelling into my Linux box from cygwin) to work
this way that refused otherwise, including Emacs.

What really bugs me is that ansi doesn't work, but
I found that it didn't work for me, running Emacs
on the linux box from a cygwin ssh session.  Setting
term to linux solved this.  *shrug*  Whatever works.

# but I do not get any better results.
#
# vim starts up, but the keyboard mappings are wrong.

[Going OT]

Another possibility, if you're on a LAN, is to use Samba to
edit files; that way you can use an editor on the client
to edit files on the host.  If you're coming in over the
internet or have relevant security issues, this may not
be an option.

-- jonadab