Re: sshd & cygrunsrv

Jason,

Assuming that you entered your username and password correctly, I
suggest that you look at the openssh-*.README file in /usr/doc/Cygwin/
for the part about "special user rights".  You may have to add some
rights to your user account.  See the Policies > User Rights menu item
of the User Manager program, being sure to check Show Advanced User
Rights.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 04:27:39PM -0500, Jason Dufair wrote:
> I tried specifying a user name, both on the command line and
> interactively and had no luck.
>
> jase@CT42890-A /etc
> $ cygrunsrv.exe -I sshd -p /usr/sbin/sshd -u jase -a "-d -D -e"
> Enter password of user `.\jase':
> Reenter, please:
>
> jase@CT42890-A /etc
> $ cygrunsrv.exe -S sshd
> cygrunsrv.exe: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
> The service did not start due to a logon failure.
>
> Anyone have ideas on how to proceed?  Should I post sshd logs or -v
> output from ssh?  Thanks a lot.

[I'm CCing this reply back to the Cygwin list as well].

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370